Sunday, February 20, 2011

TRUFFLE AIOLI



I love aioli. I LOVE anything TRUFFLE. Put these two together and you have a match made in heaven.

I made Portobello fries to go with this but I think French Fries would be awesome. I think I'll try oven baked potato wedges too.

The recipe is very straight forward, you make the aioli (which is similar to mayonnaise) and then add the truffle oil at the end. If you don't like the taste of truffles just omit the truffle oil and enjoy some yummy aioli.

Be sure to drizzle the oil slowly into the egg yolk mixture so it won't separate.

                                                  TRUFFLE AIOLI

2 large egg yolks
2 TBSP. lemon juice
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup olive oil
2 TBSP. white truffle oil
Fine sea salt, to taste
Pepper to taste

In a blender combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, and garlic. With the blender on medium, drizzle the canola and olive oil into the yolk mixture in a slow steady stream until the aioli is emulsified and well blended. Season with truffle oil, salt and pepper.

Recipe by Eric Ripert

No comments: