Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VALENTINES DAY 2011



I hope everybody had a Happy Valentines Day.

We had a cat and flower thing going on.

This year I wanted to cook for my Valentine.

We started with my favorite French Cheese, Saint Agur. It is a strong, creamy blue cheese. It went really well with an eleven year old Cab that Ron found in the cellar.

The rest of the menu was Fillet Mignon, Roasted Asparagus, Garden Greens, and Portobello Fries with Truffled Aioli.

I wrapped the fillets in bacon and then opened the package of portobellos. I couldn't believe what I found.



This mushroom was definitely in the spirit!

We still have plenty of greens growing in our garden so I picked a fresh salad.



I made a Truffle Aioli to serve with the Portobello Fries.


The Truffle Aioli was to die for.

For dessert I had Crush Cakes make a Smore Cupcake. It was the perfect end to a perfect night.

No comments: