Tuesday, April 26, 2011

GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH PESTO


The fish  market down at the harbor has the most incredible fish. I headed down there yesterday to buy some fish to blacken. I was in the mood for something spicy to go along with a fennel and lemon slaw that I was planning on making. The fish was amazing yesterday. The Scottish salmon caught my eye, but I didn't want to coat it with strong spices. Then I saw the swordfish. They just got it in. You could tell. It was pure white and glistening with freshness.

Menu change......I had to have swordfish. There was a big container of pesto in the fridge that Ron made. Perfect.

We grilled the swordfish and basted it with the pesto. If you don't feel like making pesto just buy some at Trader Joes.

The oil in the pesto kept the swordfish nice and moist. Ron and I agreed that this was the best swordfish either of us have ever had.....in our entire lives! We took it off the grill when it was cooked but still a little pink. It melted in our mouths.

No comments: