Friday, April 22, 2011

PARMESAN AND TRUFFLE TATER TOTS


If you like truffles then make these. I bet you can't eat just one!

I saw them on the menu at Arch Rock Fish a couple of weeks ago. I thought they would be some kind of sophisticated potato dish that might resemble tater tots in some form, but no....they were just jazzed up tater tots. But these are tater tots all grown up. They were so good I couldn't stop eating them. I googled Tater Tots to see how to make them myself. You grate the potatoes with some seasonings, then pipe it into a long tube shape and freeze. Once it is frozen you cut it into tater tots and cook them. And guess what? You spend hours making exactly what you can buy at the store.

So, I bought a bag of Ore Ida Extra Crispy Tater Tots. I put 1/2 bag of the frozen tater tots in a bowl  and tossed them with  two tsp. Truffle Oil. Cooked them according to the package directions. When they were nice and crispy I pulled them out of the oven and tossed them with a little more truffle oil and sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese on top. Woo  Hoo!

Ron was quite impressed with my culinary prowess.

No comments: