Thursday, April 28, 2011

QUICHE


Quiche is my go to, easy to make, clean out the fridge meal. I always have frozen pie shells in the freezer and I never use a recipe. I just throw anything lying around in the shell and bake.

I decided to record the basics for this post, so I measured everything out and I don't know what happened but this was the best clean out the fridge quiche that I have made to date. Ron said it was the best quiche he has ever had in his life.

                                       GRILLED VEGETABLE AND SAUSAGE QUICHE

5 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup grated cheese, any kind  you like
1 cup grilled vegetables, diced
1/2 cup diced sausage (cooked, I used a spicy turkey sausage)
1 tsp. Herbs de Provence (I used a fresh mix from the Farmer's Market)
Salt and freshly ground pepper

One frozen pie shell (I like Mrs. Smiths. You need a deep one for this recipe)

Pre-heat oven to 375~

Mix the beaten eggs with the milk and then add the rest of the ingredients.

Pour mixture into a frozen quiche shell (or be a show off and make your own)

Place quiche on a baking sheet pan and bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes.

Let set for 10 minutes before serving.

I served it with sauteed greens and Truffled Tater Tots.









No comments: