Sunday, September 18, 2011

HUEVOS RANCHEROS

What a nice surprise I had this morning when Ron told me that he was making Huevos Rancheros for breakfast. I'm not much of  a traditional breakfast eater but give me something with salsa and avocado on it and I'm a happy camper.


With all the characters in place, Ron lightly fried the tortillas and set them aside. Next step was to put some black beans on top of the tortilla and top it with grated cheese. The tortillas went into a 350~ oven for about 10 minutes, until the beans were warm and the cheese had melted.



He fried some eggs and topped the tortillas with them. He also quickly sauteed a purple bell pepper that was growing in the garden. The eggs were topped with salsa, avocado, green onions, cilantro, salt and pepper, and some bell peppers on the side.

What a great way to start my weekend.

Thanks Ron!

No comments: